Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Creating the background for the back

On the left is a paper sketch of what I was thinking about doing for the back.  On the left is the beginning of the piecing of the back.  My thinking is to have two pieces - the top portion which is blue for the sky and the bottom portion which is green for the grass.  For the grass portion, I am using a variety of quadrilaterals and greens to give the effect of grass and throwing in some color as well.  For the sky, I am thinking of using horizontal strips of blue to piece together the sky.  For the front, I am thinking that one side will have a blue sky theme and the other side will have a green grass theme.  On the blue side, I am consider putting a row of the red heliconia with a blue background.  for the green side, I was thinking about cutting out the leaves and creating a strip around them.  Any ideas or thoughts???


1 comment:

  1. My question, which may be silly, is are there flowers in the sky? I love the idea of the two contrasting colors/essences. For me, I kind of like symmetry so I would think about balancing the row of red heliconia with the green leaves. I can not wait to see this masterpiece! You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete