Monday, July 25, 2011

Last of the flowers






Today is my last day of making flowers...on to working on the garment - Rachel has informed me :)  She doesn't want me to just know how to make lovely flowers.  We worked a little on Saturday and we decided that it would be easiest to paper piece the heliconia since I wasn't getting the effect that I was looking for.  I was extremely glad that I did because I thought the flower turned out gorgeous!  I was able to find a paper pieced bird of paradise online but it looked extremely intricate so I decided to try to develop my own pattern.  I came out well.  I am thinking about making a mirror copy for the garment as well.  I learned a lot about paper piecing - it had been a while since I had done it the last time which was a Mariner's compass which is still in pieces.  I did do a lot of taking out of stitches since I didn't really spend the time figuring out which piece should be connected to which piece and connected to the next piece, etc.  

I am thinking about having a band of green and a band of blue fabric to connect the two groups of flowers but I found this awesome print.  I may try to incorporate it into the garment.  We'll see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment