Sunday, July 24, 2011

Creating the Garment








These blocks are the beginning inspiration for the garment, which will be a short jacket.  I really liked how the initial piece turned out with the red.  I experimented with the heliconia but it does not have the right look or scale.  I don't think that I will include it in the final garment but we'll see.  With the orange and green piece, I was going for the look of heliconia again but it turned out to be more like the bird of paradise.  I like the piece.  I'm having fun experimenting with different sizes and angles to create different effects.  I just wish that I had more fabrics in the color range that I am working with - but we'll see what I need - that's Monday's project.

  I'm looking for suggestions and thought about what other elements could be added.  I'm feeling a little bit of a time crunch since we are scheduled for Lunch Bites on Friday with a Fashion Show. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the Inspiration-braid block, although all are cool. Can't wait to see your final project. You're pretty darn talented, in my book!

    ReplyDelete